Fire and Smoke Damage Due to Chemicals
A customer who has a property that is unoccupied and under renovation in Falls Church, had a localized fire through the floor. Their hardwood floor company was staining the floors and one of their employees left a pile of chemically doused rags on the hardwood floor. The rags, when piled on top of each other heated up rapidly and then caught fire with out an additional heat source. Luckily the fire diminished on its own, however, it burnt a hole in the floor and caused smoke damage throughout the whole house including both stories and ten rooms total affected.
SERVPRO® of McLean was able to come to the rescue and removed the ruined hardwood flooring. We also cleaned all of the rooms on site of the smoke damage odor on both floors.